1. Shopping - We have great outlets, unique boutiques and village shoppes very nearby.
2. Grandfather Mountain - It's open all year (weather permitting) and is a great way to spend a morning or afternoon. See the animal habitat, walk across the mile-high swinging bridge, tour the museum, have lunch and see a short film.
3. Linville Caverns - Because they're underground, they remain at a constant, comfortable temperature year-round. Open on weekends until April.
4. Eat! - There are so many great places to have coffee and read a good book or enjoy fine dining or country cuisine.
5. Take a General Store Tour! - See Fred's General Mercantile on Beech Mountain, visit Mast General Store in Valle Crucis, Old Boone Mercantile in Boone, and Todd General Store in Todd. Call the Visitor Center at 800-438-7500 for more details and directions.
6. Visit the Churches of the Frescoes in Ashe County.
7. Mystery Hill - Fun! Mystery Hill explores the relationship of science, optical illusion and natural phenomena in a hands-on entertainment center.